Odoo 13 Projects - Collaborative Pads
Anjali AjithJan. 22, 2020
Collaborative pads are useful in a scenario where a group work is done, especially in a company many tasks will be carried out at a time. Each task will be assign to group of members. Collaborative pads help to mingle with the group members simultaneously. Let's see how odoo 13 collaborative pads works.
- To use it, install the project module and go to Configuration --> Settings -->collaborative pads.
Tick the check box against to enable the collaborative pad.
- Now go to project, you can either select an existing project or you can create a new project.
Here, I have created a new project, you can assign all the details specified in the wizard as your choice. Tick on the check box if you need to enable the collaborative pads.
- If the visibility is set as the Invited employees, only those who are invited are allowed to see or collaborate with the project.
- After creating a project, now you can create boards and tasks. Assign tasks to any employee or invite them to join the task.
- You can assign deadlines for tasks.
- Click on the settings icon to change the settings.
- Click on the users icon to add a name to current user, also you can add a specific colour to each user to distinguish between the chats.
- You can disable the authorized colour by clicking on the icon shown.
- This is collaborative chat window that is enable from the settings.
- You can share this pad by copying the link provided in the share and embed option. One can restrict the user rights to read only also.
- The time slider is for converting writing into a video. It is the same as a video player. It has a two button like play and a pause button. You will be able see the creation date here.
- Import and Export is for importing and exporting the data in the collaborative pad. You can import any text file or document. Also Etherpad HTML / Plain text are the options for exporting the file.
This is a kanban view of what we have done earlier, by clicking on the 3 dots on the upper right hand ,you can go to settings. You can add cover image from there. The green dot that we can see below indicates ready for next stage. There is also red dot which indicates the task is blocked.
We hope the blog helped you in understanding about Collaborative Pads in Odoo 13 Projects.